About

libomron is an open source, cross platform driver for the USB accessible versions of Omron Medical products, such as the 790-IT Blood Pressure Monitor, 670-IT Blood Pressure Monitor and HJ-720ITC Pedometer (Pedometer support coming soon).

The driver gives data download access to the device, allowing developers to serialized to the format of the their choice.


Click here to lend your support at www.pledgie.com !


News

2011-01-08

libomron Version 0.9 released

libomron version 0.9 is out the door, finally! This is actually our first source release, but encompasses support for the 790 series blood pressure monitors and 720 series pedometers. Thanks to Brett Viren and all of the other contributors to the project!

Source can be downloaded from the NPLabs Release Site

2010-04-14

Investing Money

Ok, I finally broke down and bought an HEM-790IT Blood Pressure Monitor, to make sure I could keep the blood pressure monitor core of libomron together. So, I’ve actually become financially invested in this project now. If you’d like to offset some of that cost and keep my motivation level up, feel free to press the button below:

Click here to lend your support to: libomron and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !

Things continue to progress on the libusb branch of development. This is the first time I’ve had the pedometer and the blood pressure monitor together in the same place at the same time, so I can actually test how both work. Since they both register as the same VID and PID (Damn you, cheap hardware vendors!), first order of business is writing a tester that detects what device you’re using (using the serial number) and routes calls for that correctly.

2010-04-10

Closer to Done

So, as of right now, I finally got the libusb driver core verified and working on both linux and os x. Really, this is only required for OS X, but since it works on linux too, I figured why not give it a shot.

The main problem was getting the OS X HID Manager to give up the device. I’ve written about this before while working with the lightstone, but this time I’d forgotten to take out the bcdDevice field from the kext, and it was causing the device to not be recognized and picked up by the kext. Removed that, and now things are working great.

I have a LOT of cleanup to do before this gets released, but this is a pretty major step toward v1.0

2010-03-20

Alive again. Sorta.

I’m getting a steady 1-3 emails a week about this library, so I kinda feel like I should get my act together and actually get this to a 1.0 release. My main focus at the moment is going to be getting the libusb based core solid (I’ve figured out how to work around the need for libhid), and making sure it works on linux and os x. The windows code, however, I’m somewhat worried about. In the move from the DDK to the WDK, some of the HID headers and functions I used disappeared, and I really don’t enjoy the idea of having to go back and fix that. So, we’ll see what happens there.

2009-07-04

Library Updates

I’ve just merged some library and documentation updates that came in courtesy of Adam Richter. There’s been quite a bit of code cleanup, plus integration of code for usbfs support on Linux. Some of this still needs to be integrated into the cmake files, but the source is up to date, at least.